Residents of Shelbyville, who occupy a single-family dwelling, duplex or triplex housing unit, can request a fire safety home inspection.
- Assess the property for a working smoke alarm
- Check existing smoke alarms
- If no smoke alarm is provided, it will be installed by the Shelbyville Fire & Rescue member(s) conducting the inspection and will not be left with property owners/occupants
- Distribute fire safety education materials
- Offer to accompany and assist the owner/occupant in conducting a fire hazard survey in the home