ASSISTANT FIRE CHIEF QUALIFICATIONS
Shelbyville Fire Department
Assistant Fire Chief Position
The Shelbyville Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Fire Chief. This position is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position that reports to and serves in the absence of the Fire Chief.
Minimum Qualifications at Date of Hire:
- One hundred twenty (120) continuous months of experience as a career firefighter, that includes sixty (60) continuous months of progressive experience as a career fire officer with a paid or combination fire department.
- Applicants must also have a minimum of a two-year degree (i.e. AA or AS), from an accredited college or university.
- 400-Hour certification from the KY Fire Commission
- IFSAC Firefighter I, Firefighter II, and Level I Instructor Certifications established and certified by the Kentucky Fire Commission
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification (EMT-B or EMT- A or P) as established and certified by the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services (KBEMS)
- OSHA 1910:120 Hazardous Materials Technician Certification
- Certificates from the US Department of Homeland Security/FEMA that include: NIMS IS-100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800.
- Level II Fire Prevention Inspector certification as certified by the Kentucky Fire Marshal’s Office
- A CPAT card as certified by the Kentucky Fire Commission at date of hire. The CPAT requirement may be waived for a lateral transfer who is currently employed with or who has previously been employed by a Kentucky fire department prior to January 1, 2013 in accordance with KRS Chapters 67, 75, and 95; and who has not been out of the fire service for more than one (1) year
- Oral Interview board
- Background and reference review
- Pre-employment Physical exam and drug screening
Starting pay range is $46,698 – $70,000, based on qualifications and experience; plus the state training incentive of $4,000 annually. Other benefits include C.E.R.S. hazardous duty pension; medical, vision, and dental insurance; and other supplemental coverage. The Assistant Chief also receives an assigned take-home vehicle.
Applications are available online at http://www.shelbyvillekentucky.com/employment-opportunities/
or can be obtained at Shelbyville City Hall, 315 Washington Street, Shelbyville KY 40065, between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm. The application must contain copies of certifications and can be mailed or delivered to City Hall at the address above. A resume will not substitute for a completed and signed application. The application process closes at 4:00pm EST on August 2nd, 2018.